Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Noodlor's Infographic on Typography

This is an awesome infographic on typography that I recently came across on a colleague's blog. I learned about most of this in art school, but this was a nice refresher. This illustration can be extremely useful for the non-designer. I know that it can be extremely difficult to explain what type of font you want used in a design, so hopefully this can help. Being able to say that you are looking for a "condensed, sans-serif" font upfront can save everyone a lot of time and hassle.

I have to laugh at the last What's It Saying? - the Comic Sans Faux Pas - "Oh God please don't". Basically, this is saying that this font is WAY overused!!! I can guarantee that you have this font on your computer and you most likely have used it. There are many fonts that designers feel this way about. I can send you a list of them if you like :)

I must also concur with ProTip #1. Limiting a design to no more than 3 fonts is key. In most cases, I like to keep it to two!

The creator of this infographic calls him or herself "Noodlor", but I can't find any other information to give him or her credit for this wonderful visual. If I designed this, I would have my name all over it! Cheers to Noodlor!





No comments:

Post a Comment